Massoth-Aktion

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15360 von Keith
Keith antwortete auf Massoth-Aktion
I wonder how the frequency change affects the range? I would guess that higher wavelength= less range?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15362 von GGamer42
GGamer42 antwortete auf Massoth-Aktion
Hello Keith

According to Massoth the new 2.4 ghz has a range of 100m. This is equal to the old one. The old on has an antenne (its not a big one) but Massoth is going to removed the antenne in the 2,4ghz version.
I never understood why they only use this cheap wire as an antenna.
Unlike ZIMO which uses SMA Antenna connectors on both cab and transmitter. You can extend your range with ease by just replaceing the antenne with a bigger one which you can buy everywhere for peanuts.

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15363 von Keith
Keith antwortete auf Massoth-Aktion
Hello GG,

Interesting that the range hasn't changed...I've considered doubling the length of my Dimax wire/antenna out of curiosity but haven't gotten around to it yet. :-)

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her - 4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15364 von Wilco
Hi Keith,

Massoth Navigator Aktion / offer

I take it that you got the US version of the transmitter (Navigator) and the receiver. On which frequency band does it operate?

The serial number appears on the navigator display when you connect your navigator with a cable to the central station.

The current EU version operates in the 430 MHz band, which interferes with electric garage door openers and more of that in house operation gadgets.

Overhere Massoth offered a EU range extender for double range, about 200 meters. Which has a protruding cable on it which was a antenna extension. It wasn't offered in a US version.
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 10 Monate her von Wilco.

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15369 von Keith
Hi Wilco,
Yes I have the US navigator which says it is operating at 433/915 right now. I recall having issues with the firmware of the receiver early on and it ended up working best with the EU version of the software so maybe it’s the same somehow?
My range has never been an issue but I did have one strange incident: a few years ago a passerby was having a look at the trains when her cell phone started ringing. When she answered, the train in front of us started moving on it’s own! As soon as she hung up, it stopped!

Keith

Mehr
4 Jahre 10 Monate her - 4 Jahre 10 Monate her #15370 von Keith
I just checked my serial number: 01352 in first line, 0000 in second line. I’m running 1.92 firmware.
The choice of frequency (US vs EU) is a menu choice in the navigator so are the transmitters really different or are they all capable of both frequencies?
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 10 Monate her von Keith.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.130 Sekunden